Dear Netters:  I am in a K-12 library that is used by about 800
students. Most books we only have one copy of.  I am having a problem
with teachers getting books and keeping them for long periods on time.
This week the middle school resource teachers (who has had 22 library
books checked out for over a month) got a new AR disc which is for
primary reading level and uses picture books.  fSh  told me it was "her
disc" ordered with special ed. money so I might as well pull those books
for her to have in her room to read to her students.  These books are
used by the primarey/elementary students and her children are allowed to
check out books also.  I did not let her have all these titles, but I am
frustrated that she took an additional 10 titles (she now has 32) and
plans to keep them indefinitely.

        What can I do?  Does anyone limit the # of library books teachers
can check out?  After what period of time should they be returned?
3weeks, 6 weeks, a month.?  I plan to talk to her about this this week.
TIA for any help/ideas.  Sally

Sally Rathbun                            rathbun@tenet.edu
Ore City I.S.D. Library                  phone: 903-968-3300
P. O. Box 100                            fax:   903-968-3797
Ore City, Texas 75605