Last week I asked for suggestions for magazines on cd-rom.  Several responses
were suggestions for databases such as SIRS or Newsbank.  I am sorry for the
confusion as I was asking about titles for magazines in which the whole issue
is on cd-rom.  If anyone has some more suggestions I will add them to the list.

I highly recommend Classroom Connect, 1866 Colonial Village Lane,
Lancaster, PA  17601-6704.  This has worlds of lesson plans for
teachers and a great number of site addresses.  A very practical
journal for using the Internet.  Not sure of the price, around $30
or $40, I believe.  Address is www.classroom.net

In 1994, I purchased the Time Almanac network version.  I haven't
had the funds to upgrade it but I sure can't take it off the network.
The students love looking at it and playing the quiz that it has.
It sees plenty of usage.

I like Multimedia schools because of the educational sites. It has a
strong school emphasis although many teachers here also like Mac
User

I have used the CD-ROM magazine Proquest for the past 2 years and the
students love it.  It is very user friendly and much easier to locate
materials than the Reader's Guide.

One other recommendation was for the cd-rom version of PC Computing
 magazine.

Deborah Stafford
Gen H.H. Arnold HS
Department of Defense Dependents Schools
Wiesbaden Germany
stafford@email.wiesbaden.army.mil
or  deborah_stafford@ccmail.odedodea.edu

LM_NET Archive Home