I am a middle school teacher (sort of: I'm on a break from teaching to
return to college!) who taught a middle school class for 2 years called
Media Production. The class helped students learn about the internet,
create stop-motion and cel animations, produce a morning news broadcast,
and create a school newspaper. All of this was new to me when I started
teaching this class. I pounded on doors, sign up on listservs and generally
made a nuisance of myself to find out how to do/teach all of this stuff.

I designed the class myself--so I could have taught anything within the
context of media production, but I chose to delve into areas that seemed
fun!

This past summer, I worked on creating a Media Production Homepage which
teachers could use to help them teach a similar course without having
to "reinvent the wheel". The Homepage contains lesson plans, objectives,
handouts, materials needed list, and helpful links to teaching a 9 week
middle school media production class. It is located at:

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/1902

It is non-commercial--hope you find it useful!

Stephanie Rusnak
rusnaks@citadel.edu
Charleston, SC

LM_NET Archive Home