Here are the responses I received about the countries/cultures
references sets:

From Middle School grades 6-8
Likes "People and Places" and "Jr. Worldmark Ency of the Nations"
Feels "Lands and Peoples" is too advanced

From grades 6-8
"Worldmark" set easiest to look at and probably read
(Comparing "People & Places", "Lands & Peoples" and "Worldmark")

Someone suggested I also should look at "Exegy" (CD-ROM program)
It's at about a 5th grade reading level, updated quarterly

One person preferred "People & Places" to "Lands & Peoples" for grades
3-5.  "Lands & Peoples" sometimes over their heads.  "People & Places"
arranged alphabetically by country rather than by continent (as "Lands &
Peoples")

"Lands & Peoples" too difficult for grades 3-5

From K-6 library
Have both "Lands & Peoples" and People & Places" reading level 5th-6th
grade,  too difficult for primary

No one had "Circling the Globe"  (Raintree set)

LM_NET Archive Home