I sent a message yesterday  about CT Kids Count on Reading and attributed the
statistic I quoted to the wrong person.  The statistic for CT (and other
states that I did not mention) came from Suzanne Hawley.  Sorry about that!
 I certainly understand the problem J. Steadman has with my mentioning 1/3 of
a book read.  "How about the voracious readers....?"  However, some people
enjoy matching population figures with their count.  Just this morning, I was
asked by someone in Alaska how their state was doing on a per capita basis.
In CT,  we could easily move to 1 book per person if we increased our level
of participation.  We know the reading is happening.  So join us!
Shelly Senator, CT Kids Count on Reading

LM_NET Archive Home