Dear All Mac users,

Thanks so much for all of your efforts the past 24 hours by testing my
page and reporting the results to me. I have received well over 60

The result is that it has been narrowed down to a problem with Netscape
3.0 and the PowerMac (not with earlier versions of Netscape). I have
found an
article on the Net that talks about this problem. It may be found at :
http://www.macfixit.pair.com/archives/november96-a.html

and I am relieved to know that it is not only my page that is causing
this problem. The summary of the article states :

     Bottom line: The PowerPC versions of Netscape 3.x appear to have
     a bug such that certain 89a GIF files (not sure exactly what the
     critical variable is here) cause the program to crash.

Not being a Mac user, I can't verify this, but I do think there is a
version 3.01 of Netscape out for the Mac. Perhaps this bug is fixed in
that version.

Thanks again to all.

Kathy Schrock
kschrock@capecod.net