I am a new librarian-third year-.  With a very small budget.  It hasn't
changed in over eight years.  Our books are very old-we still have many
from the first thousand ever purchased. They are falling apart or out of
date or collecting dust on the shelves.  I have weeded over 300 hundred
and have many more to go.  I am afraid to discard to many as our
collection is not that large. My question or request is for help in
getting my budget increased to cover the increasing costs.  I now receive
$1000.  This is to cover  every thing:  periodicals, supplys,
instructional materials, etc.  There is no "local"  money for books.
I am allowed 1 bookfair which I use the proceeds to buy books and the
extras my k-3 students need and deserve.  If you can offer any suggestion
or advice on how to get an increase in my allotment I would appreciate
it. Thanks.

Carol Duncan,
Librarian
Edgemont Primary