Our theatre teacher has requested either African American authors of plays
or one-act plays/monologues featuring characters that are African
American.  I have Kamerman's Plays of Black Americans but they are mainly
historical figures.  She would like modern-day scenarios. I also have
Kehret's Winning Monologs and Encore!; Krell-Oishi's Scenes that Happen
and More Scenes that Happen; and Majeski's Doubletalk.  My take on these
(without reading each one!) is that they are generic scenarios; any ethnic
group could be represented by the characters.

Does anyone have authors or ideas that might work?  We'd appreciate any
help we can get.  If I get any responses, I will post a HIT.

Deborah Bailey                  dbailey@sinnfree.sinnfree.org
West Middle School
Rockford, IL 61103

LM_NET Archive Home