Greetings and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!  When I started teaching
some 25 years ago, I had a copy of a great Thanksgiving flannel board story
called THE TURKEY WITH THE TERRIBLE TEMPER.  A turkey becomes angry over
various events in the story and each time he gets mad, he turns a different
color--red as a beet, purple with rage, green with envy, etc.  As he calms
down, he returns to his normal color except for one feather which stays the
color he just was.  At the end of the story he is a brown turkey with
different colored feathers.  As the story is told and he changes colors, the
storyteller illustrates with turkeys of that color.  Over the years as we
have moved and I have gone from kindergarten to 3rd grade to 4th grade to
librarian, etc., etc., I have lost the story.  Can anyone help?  TIA
Pam Thomeczek, Librarian
Malta Bend R-V School
P. O. Box 10
Malta Bend, MO  65339  dvi000@mail.connect.more.net