-- [ From: Cheryl Sturgeon * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> Date: Tuesday, 26-Nov-96 07:42 PM
>
> From: Joan McClelland          \ Internet:    (mcclelj1@mail.firn.edu)
> To:   Multiple recipients of LM-NET \ Internet:    (lm_net@listserv.syr.
edu)

> Subject: Re: Copyright? book jackets
>
> I took some books to the local Kinko's to have color copies of the covers
made
> and they wouldn't do it because of copyright.  I got the idea to do that
from a
> speaker at a conference who said that is what she did so I guess it
depends on
> the store.  I'll be waiting to hear the official word.
>
> Joan

You're right about it depending on the particular Kinko's.  I did this
several years ago and they had no problem with it at all.  Have not asked
recently , however.
You know you may simply write to the publisher and ask.  Anyone have e-mail
addresses for publishers.  I've been spoiled and between e-mail and 800
numbers I barely seem to be able to force myself to write a real letter!

--
Cheryl A. Sturgeon
Highland Local Schools

LM_NET Archive Home