My middle school library has the Mysteries of the Universe series from
Time-Life. This a series that deals with witchcraft and the occult. This
set was purchased when we were a Junior High School. Has anyone had
qualms or thoughts about the appropriateness of this set for young
teens? There is a caption that was upsetting to a staff member who
brought it to my attention. The 6th grade students love the "black set
of evil books".  Some 8th graders have been studying them. There is a
concern about the unhealthy influence that the study of witchcraft might
have on at-risk students. What are your professional opinions?

LM_NET Archive Home