>Our 5th and 6th grade teachers are looking for historical fiction in the
>period between the Revolution and the Civil War.  Any recommendations
>out there??  TIA!   Amanda

Amanda,

I like these:

Weasel by DeFelice (grim, powerful story of a murderous stalker on the frontier)
Call Me Francis Tucket by Paulsen (boy stolen by Indians is saved by mtn.man)
Freedom Crossing by Clark (family helps runaway slaves)

I hear these are good, but I haven't read them:
Jimmy Spoon and the Pony Express by Gregory
Dear Levi: Letters from the Overland Trail by Woodruff
School for Pompey Walker by Rosen

Joan

Joan Kimball (jkim@borg.com)
Clinton, NY