Quite a few people aske dm e to pass this one if I found the list. It turns
out that Mr. Croce lifted it from somewhere lese! :-) I think it is quite
applicable to we librarians!

Ten Commandments of Human Relations

1.) SPEAK TO PEOPLE.
        There is nothing so nice as a cheerful word of greeting.

2.) SMILE AT PEOPLE.
        It takes 72 muscles to frown, only 14 to smile.

3.) CALL PEOPLE BY NAME.
        The sweetest music to anyone's ears is the sound of their own name.

4.) BE FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL.
        If you would have friend, be a friend.

5.) BE CORDIAL.
        Speak and act as if everything you do is a genuine pleasure.

6.) BE GENUINELY INTERESTED IN OTHER PEOPLE.
        You can like almost everyone if you try.

7.) BE GENEROUS WITH PRAISE -
        Be cautious with criticism.

8.) BE CONSIDERATE WITH THE FEELINGS OF OTHERS.
        There are usually three sides to a controversy: your's, the other
person's and the truth.

9.) BE ALERT TO GIVE SERVICE.
        What counts most in life is what we do for others.

10.) ADD TO THIS A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOUR,
        a big dose of patience and a dash of humility. You will be rewarded
manyfold.

Slainte! Guam is 15 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time --
Living' in the future -- ain't Life grand!

T. K. Cassidy - Children's Librarian /// Guam Public Library
                             Resident Writer and Storyteller ///
tkc@kuentos.guam.net

Winner of the 1996 Maga'lahi Award for Excellence in the Humanities

LM_NET Archive Home