10/1/96

Dear Fellow LM_Netters,

        I have a two-fold request for information.
        First, does anyone know of good sites on the 'Net on which to
advertise for keypals in a country outside the United States?  My middle
school Spanish teacher and I have tried the IECC (Intercultural E-Mail
Classroom Connection), but the list of postings at that site is daunting,
to say the least.  Are there any other good places to post?
        Second, if anyone out there has connections to a middle
school-level teacher in Spain who would be interested in having his/her
students correspond with students here in Sidney, NY, would you please have
him/her contact us?  Our Spanish teacher, Ms. Patricia Branigan, is looking
for up to 50 keypals of 6th, 7th, or 8th grade age in Spain who would be
willing to write.  We are also interested in setting up a "sister schools"
relationship, which could result in exchanging students/staff.

        Please reply directly to me:  sidmidsc@tri-town.net      I'll post
a hit if there is enough of a response to part I of my request.

        Thank you.

Sincerely,

Maryse Quinn
Sidney Middle School