I'm sure that you can find a bulk tape eraser at any A-V supply
warehouse  or an electronics store ie. Radio Shack etc. for less than $65.

Clete Schirra                                  schirrac@lis.pitt.edu
South Park High School Media Center            schirra@calvin.duq.edu
2178 Ridge Road                                (412) 655-0613 voice
Library PA 15129                               (412) 655-2952 fax

On Tue, 1 Oct 1996, mohs_st_jl@noeca.ohio.gov wrote:

> In an effort to comply with copyright guidelines, I have a number of
> videos to erase.  My principal tells me this can be done with a magnet.
> Does anyone have any knowledge of whether or not this is correct, and how
> it is actually done.
>
> Highsmith sells a videocassette bulk eraser for $65 -- is this a good
> deal or do you know of a better source?
>
> Thanks.
> Jan LaBonte, Librarian
> Monroeville High School Library