Hello!  Thanks for the responses from you about signing up for the 50
states quilt project.  We still need more states.  If you are from these
following states, read on!  If you aren't, you are welcome if you are
willing to take one of these unrepresented states.  THANKS!

Here's the states we still need:  Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware,
florida, georgia, idaho, kansas, louisiana, missouri, montana, nevada,
new mexico, north dakota, ohio, oklahoma, south dakota, utah and
vermont.

What you are signing up for is to be part of 50 schools who will do 4
things together.  Three are via e-mail, one snail mail.

The e-mail letters will be as follows:
Anytime October = send a message to the 50 schools (I'll send you the
addresses) introducing your classroom, including # of kids, #of boys and
#of girls.  This will allow for some graphing activities.

Anytime November = send a message to the 50 schools a local tradition or
holiday happening that is unique to your state or area.

January = send a message to the 50 schools that includes a recipe that is
unique to your state or area, or uses local products.  You might include
if kids in your class have actually eaten it, if they like it, or don't.

February = send via snail mail a simple quilt block to each of the 50
schools.  The quilt blocks are to be 8 inches square, on white muslin.
They should depict something that represents your state.  The squares
will end up being about 7 inches square when sewn.  You may use any
medium that is washable, such as fabric markers, fabric paint, puff
paint, fabric crayons, applique and actual quilting.  They dont' need to
look professional!!!!! They should include your states name, of course!

If you are interested in this project, and are from one of the states
listed above, write me personally to this e-mail address, not the entire
LM net!  If you are interested, but your state is taken, and don't mind
taking another state, write that to me!  I will need your name, e-mail
address, school name, school address, school phone, and include the name
of your state in the subject! (It helps me to do it faster!)  THANKS!
love,kay ellison

Kay Ellison, Library/Media Teacher
Marshall Elementary School
6400 MacArthur Blvd.