Janice,
It is possible to download complete term papers, book reports, and research
papers from the web.  I came across a college student's web site this summer
who had links to "free papers".  I didn't save this URL (sorry!), but be
aware that this is very possible and many students (college, high school)
think there is nothing wrong with it!

          __                        Janice
         /  \  "Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly
        / ..|\   broken.  If you want to make sure of keeping it intact
       (_\  |_)  you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it
       /  \@'   carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid
      /     \  all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket of your
 _   /  `   |  selfishness. But in that casket (safe, dark, motionless,
 \\/  \  | _\   airless) it will change.  It will not be broken; it will
  \   /_ || \\_  become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love
   \____)|_) \_)  is to be vulnerable."  (The Four Loves by C.S.Lewis)

__________ http://itech1.coe.uga.edu/Students/JHardy/JHardy.html _________

------------------------------
>Date:    Tue, 1 Oct 1996 21:00:55 -0400
>From:    Janice Etscovitz <janicee@MINDSPRING.COM>
>Subject: Book Reports

>        Colleagues-
>        A seventh grade teacher came into the Media Center today with a
>book report by a student. The report was word processed with a graphics
>border and a very--- elaborate cover- title, author, copyright, ISBN and
>more. It looked very slick.  She asked me if this was obtained from the
>Internet and now I am asking all of you. Are such things available on the
>'net? I know there was some discussion a while ago about term papers - can
>you now get book reports?
>        I told the teacher I would check with all of you - so - what's the
>answer?
>        I told the teacher to go back to the student and have a conference
>and "test" the child's knowledge about the book. But,  if I had to make a
>wager on this one, somehow this child downloaded this document and the
>report was not written by the child.

LM_NET Archive Home