Lori, One other important thing that I didn't mention is ---really the
library should be central to any of the planning done.  Start now to get
terminals placed there for teachers use only with appications they need
to be learning and Internet access.   Do a lot of promotion in your
building, hold hands, get them to a list that will interest them....not
just professionally.  I have found that if a teacher has a hobby--like
genealogy, for example, you can get them on quicker if you connect them
to other genealogists.  This keeps them checking email and thus makes it
possible for them to receive things you may want to send them.

I have a set of simple email tutorials (for pine users--since that is our
current program)--they take only about 5 minutes each -- but teach the
basics like how to set up a sig file..etc.  For some teachers the only
way to get them going is email to their children at college!  Don't think
that these are not "educational"--any more than reading recerationally
isn't "reading".

Teachers will become your advocate as they discover you're able to help
them find curriculum sources, lesson plans, and connect them to just
plain fun stuff.

I have been making a rolodex of places to go and people to see.........

Good luck!

Karen McIntyre  "Learn to listen to your own voice and balance your
Morton I.S.D.    terror with your confidence."  Richard Wurman
500 Champion Dr.                                Information Anxiety
Morton, TX  79346       806-266-5524            kmcintyr@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home