We are opening a second high school next fall and considering a media =
delivery system.  The Simplex system is attractive to the administration =
because it is integrated with the intercom system and a telephone system =
in every classroom and especially the price.    I have some concerns =
because it runs over phone wires and the cost; you get what you pay for. =
 We have looked at Dynacom, Ranger System and will be looking at AMX =
Friday.  There is another system out of Texas that operates over cable =
bandwith. =20
        Does anybody have a system that they are really happy with or unhappy =
with?  What about speed and convenience for teachers?  What about =
CD-ROM.  Simplex runs CD-ROM, but I'm really concerned about access and =
speed and feel that should be on the computer network.  What about cost? =
 Any help you can offer will be appreciated as we are must decide soon.  =
(Isn't this typical, I proposed this over a year ago and we're just now =
discussing it when we don't really have time to do adequate research!)
        I have a book by Cibbarelli called Directory of Library Automation =
Software, Systems, and Services but it doesn't really address media =
delivery.  Since I don't have time to find a print resource, I turn to =
you.  Your word will be most powerful.
        Also, does anyone have experience with a media booking system.  We are =
looking for something to make telephone reservations for a district =
materials center next year, but it must do books and many kinds of =
materials as well as video.  We have only looked at Media Minder by =
Brodart.  Any comments, suggestions, or help.  Thanks as always.
        Beth Welsh
        Library Media Coordinator
        Lawrence, KS
        bwelsh@cjnetworks.com