I am writing in hopes that someone can help me.  I return from the summer
to find that my circulation computer (apple IIe) had died.  I was told by
the district technician that there was no hope for the hard drive.  It
was suggested that I borrow a Mac with a IIe imullator card.  I am using
Follet Circulation + software.  The teh came and partitioned the hard
drive and loaded the software.  The problem is that the computer will not
allow us to permanently change the year to 1996- the computer says 1991.
We can answer that the date is not write and correct it - but we have to
do this each time we begin circulation.  We are concerned that we will
froget (we have very hectic mornings).  We are also afraid if it is not
correct date wise maybe something else might be wrong.  Follet has told
me it is a prodos problem.  I did find a new version of prodos and the
tech loaded it (as follet instructed).  Nothing changed.  Is there anyone
that can suggest a solution?  I called the 1-800 apple number and was
told that I needed a copy of the manual -- Prodos Technical reference
Manual - to be exact chapter 6 of the manual.  If somone has this manual
I would be willing to pay postage or cost of the manual.  The techs have
now decided (7 weeks later) to try and fix the old IIe.  I would
appreciate any help.

Anna Russell
Thomposn Elementary
220 Casa Grande