Rayna and others,

I will be most interested to hear the responses you get.  We are also on
the verge of automation but with a slightly different emphasis.

I have a fairly small (about 7000) volume library for 400 students and we
have pretty much decided to go with Winnebago.   The idea at the moment
is to get only the catalog part and do most of the retro ourselves.  I
will be putting it on a single stand-alone computer (PC) and the reason
we are going for it now is that this year I happen to have a whole group
of volunteers who are trained librarians.

I realize it will take several years doing it this way, but there is no
basic problem with that.  What I would like to know is what problems I
will run into that I have not anticipated.

TIA,

Sarah
---------
Sarah Giddings