Greetings:  I deleted the message about Ramona's neighborhood but
want to respond to the query about it with the announcement of an odd
coincidence.   Received the Libraries Unlimited catalogue yesterday
and found a reference to a new book they've published.  The Beverly
Cleary Handbook by Joanne Kelly has extension activities and
"photographs, maps and drawings" that "illustrate the settings of
Cleary's books and her own life."  I'm not recommending it because I
haven't seen it, but if I were in an elementary school I'd just have
to buy it!  My son and I are BIG Cleary fans.  If any of you have not
heard Stockard Channing reading the Ramona books, you're missing one
of life's great pleasures.  melissa

Melissa A.  Malcolm
Mt.  Abraham Union High School
7 Airport Drive                      "If liberty and justice mean
Bristol, Vermont  05443               anything, then access means
mmalcolm@mtabe.k12.vt.us              everything."
802-453-2333                             --Charles Ogletree

LM_NET Archive Home