Hello to All--

Are there any Library Media Teachers out there working with Differentiated
Curriculum for GATE students or working specifically with GATE students in
any way? I went to a workshop with an academic team from one of my middle
schools in August on Differentiated Curriculum. Sandra Kaplan from
University of Southern California was a Leader of the conference and has
been associated with GATE curriculum for years. She is a past president of
California Association for the Gifted and she is GREAT!!

Anyway, I was the only LMT there and I have not found any other LMT working
directly with Diffentiated  Curriculum, although several districts around us
are using it. I am going to be helping this team implement Diff Curr by
co-teaching with the Lang Arts teacher. We will be the first in our
District.  I was asked to write an article for the  California School
Librarians Assoc Journal. This article is due ASAP ( of course!!)  If you
have any expierence of any kind with Differentiated Curriculum or working
with GATE students, please e-mail me so I can include it in my article (with
your permission).

TIA

Sharon Owen
LMT