Dear LM_NETters:

I would like to say one last thing on this thread in response to all the
comments that were mailed to me personally.   Some were supportive;
some were not so nice.

I stated that I came in several times during before teachers or students
were there to work.  I was hired in June and started coming in to work
almost the next day.  I had to give up a paying summer job to do this.  I
have yet to get a paycheck.

I opened the doors to everyone the first day.  We had a busy first week.
We did not have the 6th graders or the new students in Winnebago. We did
not have the remaining students in the right grade levels. District told
us to hold off until they got someone in to transfer the records from
Columbia to Winnebago.

I do work in heaven compared to several of your stories.  I don't need to
enumerate all the tasks I do. We all are aware of what being an effective
LMS entails.  I do have one small additional task-- I am preparing to
move into a brand new building with $2.2 million worth of technology I am
responsible for being sure gets ordered and then will have to learn in
order to teach others to use. (bad sentence, sorry)

My intent in posting what I did was to state my attitude. I am finding
that many others have varying degrees of what they will do to get their
centers ready.  We all have different situations that we operate in.  I
did not mean to imply, or state out right, that I was "better" than
anyone else on this list.  We all deserve more of everything than we
get.  We made the choice of what profession to pursue.

Bottom line--I have made a positive impression on the teaching staff. I
have had many,many expressions of graditute for being open the first week
of school.  My objective was to make connections with the staff so that
when the time comes, in December, to work with these people on new
technology, they see me as efficient and knowledge.  And as a by-produce,
I got over 500 books in kids hands the first 4 days of school.

LM_NET Archive Home