Over a year ago, I targeted Gumdrop and posted a hit to LM_NET.  Since this
subject has come up again and we have a great many new members, I will give
you my opinion once again, but won't post an old hit unless you request it.
To be fair to Gumdrop, many respondents were pleased with them and had no
problems with their records or their service.

 My opinion is still that one should take the time to read the reviews and
the Wilson and Brodart bibliographies(Elementary School Library Collection,
etc.) to order "the best of the best" and books which really meet our
collection needs rather than settle for what Gumdrop "just happens" to be
able to purchase from the publishers in large enough quantities to sell at
a good price and still make a profit.  They don't seem to carry fairly new
titles that received starred reviews and although a couple of the series
were ones I purchased elsewhere---when they first came out--I feel that far
too many of their books are truly mediocre in terms of illustrations and
content in comparison to others I might buy.  When examining their books, I
occasionally find a few I would really like to buy, but as Gumdrop usually
requires that a librarian buy the entire series, I prefer to order them
from a reputable jobber who lets me do the selection!

Cheryl King, Librarian
Agana Heights Elementary
Box DE
Agana, Guam 96910