"....I was in all (week)because my program
affects all areas -- what a time for a principa to remember this), laminating
for teachers, getting equipment for teachers, setting up their computers in
their classrooms...."

When I was going through teacher training, it was required to take an
audio-visual class. Running machines, setting up projectors, preparing
overhead materials, etc.

So, my question is: Why do we feel it is necessary to do 'their' work for
them? Is it supposed to be PR? Does the principal require it?

To go back to the quote (Terri, I am not 'picking on you, your comments
are representative of a thread.)
".......I was in all (week)because my program
affects all areas -- what a time for a principa to remember this)..."
Not only does our program affect all areas, it enhances all areas. But
only if WE do OUR job!
Many of us have 'earned' extended contracts because we demonstrated how
being ready on the first day and being able to provide service till the
end of the year benefits the kids and the educational process.

Yes, we have a laminating machine. Show the new teachers how to use it.
They are responsible adults who made it through college (and may even
have a Masters). Set up a checkout system for the equipment. Do an
inservice on how to set up the computer.
Who has let the perception arise that our time is worth less than the
classroom teacher? That we best utilize our worth to the building by
doing the teachers' laminating?
Actually (Terri, and others) spending time in the 1-2 meetings, working
with the teachers, developing and planning is one of the most important
things we do at the begining of the year. If you are going to act like a
servant, remember how the 'help' was treated at the end of 'Upstairs,
Downstairs.'

Bob Eiffert, Librarian at Image Elementary, Also on the Grade Level Team,
the Technology Committee, the Media Advisory Team, the Instructional
Materials Committee...

LM_NET Archive Home