Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 18:25:36 -0400
From: MarjorieP@AOL.COM
Subject: Information skills Curr.Continued

 Ann Symons wrote:
>>>The skill clusters for content or process are the same for all age levels,
they just change in complexity.  It is useful to have suggested skill
complexity levels for all age groups to provide a guide, but in effect the
skills should  be totally tied to what the task is.<<<<
     And Vivian Wolf wrote:
> [...]
would introduce processes ahead of time if they would be useful to the
students; but if the students had not reached an expected benchmark at the
expected time, one would then have to negotiate with classroom staff a
project which would require the process and give rise to the necessary
instruction.<<<<<

    I agree Ann but many LMSs struggle with how this actually looks and
convincing their teachers and administrators that the standard scope and
sequence chart is no longer applicable.   How did you make the shift?
     Many curricula are written with "benchmarks" today, Vivian.  I think it
would help you and others if some of the LM_NETers who use benchmarks would
post a few examples.  Can I persuade a few of you to share a benchmark and
then a short description of a task or activity that illustrates a connection?
Marjorie Pappas
Univ. of Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls, IA  50614-0462
319-277-8292