Dear Linda,
   Our library prepares web pages with resources to support student
projects. We have pages on China, Africa, and Latin America, at the moment.
We link these to our library home page so that students can easily access
sites we have evaluated and listed for their use, from school or from home.
We consider this activity materials selection, just as we select books and
periodicals. If you'd like to take a look, see http://www.tiac.net/users/winlib/

>district library media program.  . . . .   We've had some dialogue on what
>should be included on the site, but I thought I'd ask the group for topics
>considered critical for communication to a larger audience.  We've discussed
>including:
>          + library media program mission statement
>          + job descriptions
>          + ideas for parents to use with their children
>          + local events related to promoting reading
>          + contests, grants (where do you find them?)
>          + book reviews or recommended titles
>What else would make the site interesting?   <<<<<

Ellen Berne
Co-Manager, ISED-L
Instructor, Simmons College Graduate School of Library and Information Science
Library Director, The Winsor School
Pilgrim Road    Boston MA 02215
Voice: (617)735-9510
eberne@tiac.net