I ended up being involved in 32 meetings, taught 18 teachers (individually
because of their schedule) to laminate, set up 48 computers, and a new
fileserver.  This is because these tasks are my responsibility and part of
the reason behind receiving the Teacher of the Year award for my school
system.  However, there comes a point when you have to say NO!

My intent in writing about this past week was to say that as crazy as it was,
I (and MANY other librarians) do realize that doing those extra things help
our programs in the long run.  We just have to get our heads above water long
enough to realize it!

Please consider my use of the term "service."  I provide a service as a
doctor, lawyer or minister serves their patrons .... I am not a servant,
meaning subservient.  There is a huge difference in meaning which you should
be aware of.

BTW, school opened today.  I do not have kids in my computer yet because of
our new guidance counselor (who is in worse shape than me!!) has not given
information on the 300+ new kids in our school.  My network is done as the
techie rewires my library so I'm stuck anyway.

Terri

Terri

LM_NET Archive Home