Greetings, LM Netters,

We, in Florida, are looking forward to having Michael Eisenburg at our FAME
(Florida Association for Media in Education) Conference in October. And I
got my ticket yesterday for the LM NET "Dessert and Coffee." YEA!!!

Now for my question...I have been at my present school for 3 years. In that
time I find that very few people associate with one another. One problem is
that it is in a very small town and teachers drive in from several other
towns to get to work. Anyway, I think we would all be better off if we
socialized a bit, so I proposed the creation of a Hospitality Committee
whose job it would be to provide at least one morale-boosting activity per
month. Those who wished to participate gave $10.00 (which comes out to
$1.00 per month) to cover food. The first activity was at the end of the
first day of school when we just got together for refreshments and told
"fish" stories. It was great to laugh TOGETHER! The next activity will be
Putt-Putt in the library where we will design "greens" with rope and paper
cups, real golf clubs but ping pong balls instead of golf balls. In October
we will have a costume party and we're considering a square dance for
November. We are very excited as it already has generated much interest and
involvment.

The question is, what activities can you recommend that can be done in a
short amount of time (1 to 1 1/2 hours), for not much money, that help
people laugh together? Please include themes, decoration and food ideas as
well as activities.

As always, I look forward to your creative ideas,

*  Fidelis Poncher, LMS      *                                            *
*  ponchef@mail.firn.edu     *                                            *
*  Interlachen High School   *  "It is only with the heart that man can   *
*  Rt. 1, Box 10             *     see rightly. What is essential is      *
*  Interlachen, FL 32148     *          invisible to the eye."            *
*  VOICE: 904-684-2116       *                                            *
*  FAX: 904-684-3915         *                                            *