Dear colleagues,

As part of our site-based planning I have been assigned the task of
organizing a volunteer centre within the school. Our first aim would be to
have parents and community members volunteer their time to the staff and
students. Then we want to move to encourage student volunteerism first in
the school then in outside placements. i am going to see if there are any
grants available to hire a coordinator even for the short term to get it
organized, then we have to have a job description of the volunteer jobs we
have open and another form to register volunteers. Then we will put them on
a database and try to make some matches. Has anyone got any experience in
this area? Suggestions welcomed.

                      Patricia McDougall

Teacher-Librarian                    email patmcd@atcon.com
Cole Harbour District High School    Fax (902)  464-5241
2 Chameau Cr.                        phone (902) 464-5243
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
B2W 4X4

LM_NET Archive Home