I just read about this in computer reseller magazine, might be of interest
to those of you that really dread a server crash.

A company called Arco Computer has just released something called Duplidisk
(SRP $225)  I provides fault tolerance at the harddisk level, making two
copies of everything you do, so when one drive crashes, you have a backup.
It does it through RAID 1/Mirroring.  When you add in the price of a new
drive $200 or less, the gizmo gives you real piece of mind for under $500,
just perfect for servers.  This is the sort of thing big business use on
their mainframes, just in case something goes wrong, but it cost much, much,
less.

  I don't know where you would get one and I don't know that they work, but
Arco's phone number is 954-925-2688, maybe they can tell you who a dealer
near you is.  DO NOT call me, I don't sell the thing and don't want to, I've
got enough on my plate as it is.

If we order one here, I'll let you know how it goes.

Mark Jones
Connect your Library to the internet, today!
Ask me about Master Library System!
The fastest, easiest way to Master your Library/Webrary!
http://www.booksys.com
1-800-219-6571

LM_NET Archive Home