 This has been a very interesting thread. If it is necessary to purchase
copies of CDs for every computer that uses them when some installation
info. is installed on the hard drive, then what is the law concerning CDs
that do NOT require info. to be installed on the hard drive? For instance,
the Living Books are simply put into the CD drive and used; there is no
installation. Legally, can they not be borrowed from the library to use in
a classroom? If not, it doesn't seem to be that big a jump to say something
like, oh, books, for instance, can't be borrowed; everyone must own their
own copy. I know, I know, I know - copyright law is no doubt in flux with
all this new technology, but sometimes, don't you just have to think "what
a strange world we live in!"

Bettie Fisher
fisherb@dexter.k12.mi.us
9628 Daisy Lane