Betty Hamilton mentioned this program and gave web site info.

May 1, 1994, the Dallas Morning News did a feature article on
such schools.  I was intrigued (still have the clipping).
I inquired on LM-NET for more information, but at that time
no one answered that they knew of any school actually using
the progrma /curriculum.  According to the DMN article,
Hawthorne Elementary in San Antonio, Texas uses the program.

The article also states that Three Oaks Elem  in Ft. Myers,
Fla. also has tried the program.  Projectionswere for
6 San Antonio schools to sign on in 1995 as well as 14 other
schools in Texas...

I wonder, is this another private ed. program that will replace
public education?  I recall that some of the districts who
signed on to private corp. to run their schools declared failure
in a year or so.

Are there any librarians who can add to the knowledge of this
curriculum?

Mary Ludwick         Ludwick@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home