Hello Group,

We keep having problems with our CD updates on our network.  Are any of
you running SIRS, EBSCO's Elite Full Text, Discovering Careers (all
network versions) on the same network?  I would also like to add Newsbank
and one or two others, possibly Gale Research's multicultural CD, and a
government/history one.  However, until we get the first 3 to run, there
is no point in purchasing additional ones.

We just can't seem to get all of them to run at once. One of the network
guys said that some software will re-write DLLs to suit *its* program
and that creates problems for the existing programs.  (Is that as clear as
mud?) If you are running several CDs on one network, what's your secret?
Will you please send me the particulars so I can say, "Yes, these *will*
work on the same system"?

Thanks!

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home