I'd like to thank the LM Netter who suggested the idea of a display of books
made into movies. I used this as a school opening display in my library and
have received very positive responses from both teachers and students. I made
a big banner with Print Shop that said, "You've seen the  movie... Have you
read the book??"  I also decided to include the Disney classics (Bambi, Mary
Poppins, Cincerella, etc.) as well as Little Women, The Secret Garden and
other books that have been made into movies in the past. A student informed
me that The Stupids has recently been made  a movie - something I was unaware
of. The books are flying off the shelf. This doesn't have to be a Sept.
display. It can be done at any time, and I highly reccommend it. Almost ALL
of the kids I've talked to didn't know that Babe was a book before it was a
movie. Now King-Smith's books are in high demand. What a big success for
literature promotion. Thanks again!  Martha from RI

LM_NET Archive Home