Forwarding a lovely list sent by Melba Tomeo.  Thanks!

Subject: Re: Mystery
Author:  TOMES1@aol.com at aix
Date:    9/7/96 6:37 AM

Two articles I have saved for a long time are Plotnik, Art.  "Reading the
Library Whodunit" from American Libraries, April 1977, and the other was a
series actually in Wilson Library Bulletin, Dec. 78-Jan. 79, called "The
Shattered Calm:  Libraries in Detection" by Jane Merrill Filstrup.  The first
one is apparently about a book called Dewey Decimated by Charles Goodrum.
 The author of the article approved.  I've never seen that one.  The series
of articles addresses The Librarian as Victim, The Librarian as Sleuth, and
The Scene of the Crime.  The bibliography is a little lengthy, but here
goes--

Austwick, John.  Murder in the Borough Library.
Baker, Carlos.  The Gay Head Conspiracy.
Blackstock, Charity.  Dewey Death.
Blochman, Lawrence.  "Death Walks in Marble Halls".
Bosse, Malcolm.  The Man Who Loved Zoos.
Boucher, Anthony.  "QL 696.C9".
Boyd, Marion.  Murder in the Stacks.
Breen, Jon.  "The Dewey Damsel System".
Bristow, Gwen.  The Gutenberg Murders.
Browne, Douglas.  Death in Seven Volumes.
Christie, Agatha.  The Body in the Library.
Daly, Elizabeth.  Night Walk.
Dolson, Hildegarde.  Please Omit Funeral.
Dutton, Charles.  Murder in a Library.
Garve, Andrew.  The Galloway Case.
Goodrum, Charles.  Dewey Decimated.
Hinkle, Vernon.  Music to Murder.
Holding, James.  "More Than a Storybook".
Holding, James.  "Still a Cop".
Innes, Michael.  The Paper Thunderbolt.
Johnson, W. Bolingbroke.  The Widening Stain.
Langton, Jane.  The Transcendental Murder.
Lemarchand, Elizabeth.  Step in the Dark.
Lockridge, Richard and Frances.  The Distant Clue.
Lockridge, Richard and Frances.  Murder Within Murder.
MacLeod, Charlotte.  Rest You Merry.
Peele, David.  "The Cataloguing on the Wall".
Poe, Edgar.  "The Murders in the Rue Morgue".
Sayers, Dorothy.  "The Adventurous Exploit of the Cave of Ali Baba".
Sayers, Dorothy.  "The Entertaining Episode of the Article in Question".
Stout, Rex.  And Be a Villain.
Symons, Julian.  The Color of Murder.
Woods, Sara.  They Love Not Poison.
Woolrich, Cornell.  "The Book That Squealed".

Sorry not to include the full bib, but hey---look it up!  Isn't that part of
our fun?  Since this is an older list, I look forward to seeing the newer
titles.  I know I read an Elizabeth George, I think, about a crime solving
librarian.  I would like to be in a mystery discussion group and have often
thought about organizing one locally.  It's so much fun to share and get new
great stuff to read!  Look forward to your post--

Melba Tomeo