We used NewsBank for the first time last year and have upgraded to
NewsSource (more appropriate for high school). The student usage has been
high, and we think it is an excellent source. However; something you should
be aware of is that you will need several CD-ROM drives to dedicate to it if
you wish to have past years text available for a network. One disk has index
only, then each year is cumulated on one disk. Of course, they could be
stored near a stand alone CD-ROM drive and the student could put which ever
one was needed in. (Does limit the number of simultaneous users this way).

Our state has purchased a license for all member schools in Missouri to
access EbscoHost on the net. This is ideal if you can talk your state into
it! It indexes over 2,400 periodicals; 1,000 of which are full text, and it
is updated daily.
                 /\  /\
Cheri Quillin___/  \/  \  /\/\________/\___INFORMATION ENTHUSIAST (Librarian)
Lamar High School Libr. \/                 503 Maple Street  Lamar, MO 64759
POT# 417-682-5571                          email xvd000@mail.connect.more.net

LM_NET Archive Home