Last week as I was taping a rip in a book for a 5 year old, she asked me
if I had to fix very many books a day. When I told her yes, I fixed at
least 6 every day, she said "That's too much! I'd be asking myself 'Is
this what I became a librarian for?'  I laughed all day.

Anne Hollenbeck
St. Mark Catholic School
Plano, TX
hollenbe@tenet.edu

On Mon, 16 Sep 1996, Alice Yucht wrote:

> At a gathering this weekend, I met a young lady (age 6 AND A HALF)
> who  told me that when she grows up she want to be a librarian, too,
> and be able to "read sideways."  When I asked what she meant, she
> said "You know, when you can read a book to the class without having
> to look at the pages frontways, and when you don't have to tilt your
> head to read the words on the sides of the books when they're on
> the shelves."
> She seemed so eager to join the ranks that I didn't want to tell her
> what happens to that skill when you reach the age of bifocals.
>
> Alice H. Yucht   dba *Alice 'n InfoLand*
> Library Management / Information Skills Consultant
> 141 North 7 th Avenue, Highland Park, NJ 08904
> <AliceInfo@aol.com>

LM_NET Archive Home