I was finally successful in getting a signature to appear in Netscape
Mail.  Thank you to several who offered suggestions.

In a word processor, (I used Word6.0) type your signature as you wish it
to appear.  Save it as a TEXT type file.  That's where I goofed up.  In
many word processors you will need to use "Save As", and then choose
text file under type of file.  If it is saved as a Word or WordPerfect
etc. type of file, it will give you garbage.  Remember where you saved
the file.  Now, in Netscape (I tried in 1.x, 2.01 and 3.0) choose
"Options" from the top tool bar.  Select Mail and News Preferences.  Now
choose the file folder Identity if you are using 2.0 or 3.0 (1.x may be
a little different, but you'll find it).  At the bottom is a spot for
signature file location.  Press on the browse button and find your saved
text file.   Once you have the file, choose o-k, and then o-k at the
bottom of the identity file folder.  Now when you go to "FILE New Mail
Message" your signature should appear in the box where you type your
message.

I hope these directions are clear enough for everyone.  If not, send me
e-mail directly, and I will try to help you out.
--
Anne C. Oelke   acoelke@peoples.net
Cambria-Friesland School District

LM_NET Archive Home