In a previous article, MaBaker@WORLDNET.ATT.NET ("Marie A. Baker") says:

>Does anyone know how I can get a copy of the 1993 study done by the
>Colorado Department of Education entitled "The Impact of School Library
>Media Centers on Academic Achievement"? I believe it deals with the
>importance of elementary school libraries. Also, has there been a
>similar study proving the importance of secondary school libraries?

I just got this in the mail:
I think I remember you asking about the Libraries
Unlimited book on the Colorado study. I called LU today and
they gave me the 800 # for High Willow, the actual publisher of
the the book.  I called them and it is still available.
 The number is (800) 873-3043.  Price is $25.00 plus $4
S&H.

The study does cover secondary libraries.
For a summary, see David Loertscher's article on it in SLJ May 1993.

--
Johanna Halbeisen
Woodland Elementary School(K-4)

LM_NET Archive Home