I believe that Carol Simpson is coming out with a revision of her
copyright book, with significant additions to cover online issues, from
Linworth.  Not sure of the publication date...sometime this year.

Debbie Abilock              "It is important that students bring a certain
The Nueva School            ragamuffin barefoot irreverence to their studies;
6565 Skyline Blvd.          they are not here to worship what is known,
Hillsborough, CA 94010      but to question it."  (Jacob Bronowski)

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Jody Gerlock wrote:

> I have yet to see someone like Carol Simpson reply to Roberta Ponis' question
> about using students' work without permission, but I think those of you who
> say it may be ok might be off the mark. I attended a great workshop last year
> at EMAnj given by Carol, and she told us that students' work is protected by
> copyright and that we DO need permission to keep and use it. As soon as
> someone's work is in "fixed form" (written, recorded or typed into a
> computer) it is protected by copyright, and that includes students' work.
> There are rules by which one may use a student's work for presentation to the
> class, but it belongs to that person and does not become the property of the
> school or anyone else. Carol, help me here if I'M not getting it straight,
> but I've done lots of research in the past year, and I feel confident I
> understand this part.
> Jody_Gerlock@pds.k12.nj.us

LM_NET Archive Home