From:   Christine Talbert[SMTP:talbert@EROLS.COM]
Sent:   Sunday, September 22, 1996 5:35 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list LM_NET
Subject:        ELEM: Plains Indians and "Good" book report books

I have just stared a new position as a librarian for a fairly large
private school.  One of the teachers has asked me to read books to her
2nd and 3rd grade class about Plains Indians.  My mind has completely
gone blank.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

While I'm at it, another teacher is assigning book reports to her 3rd
grade class.  She would like my direction in pointing her students toward
"good" books.  For this assignment, she would like fiction chapter books.
I have a few ideas of my own, but it is always nice to hear suggestions
from other people.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.  TIA!!!

Christine Talbert
Lower School Librarian
Germantown Friends School
Philadelphia, PA