From: Andrea Hynes <hynes@POP.SEANET.COM>
I'm going to sponsor a month long reading celebration in November. It
will be based on the theme: "The BEST place for your nose is in a book,"
a wonderful quote from a favorite Canadian author,  Jean Little.

So far, I've been collecting those rubber animal noses with the idea
that there's bound to be something fun to do with them! Now, I need some
inspiration!

Does this theme suggest any ideas about contests, stories,  activities
or lessons  related to the theme? I'd be glad to share results. TIA

Andrea Hynes
Graham Elementary School
10026 204th Street East
Graham, WA 98338
e-mail: hynes@seanet.com
Subject: ELEM: Delinquent borrowers

I would like some creative suggestions on what to do with  students who
are high risk, or delinquent borrowers. At our school we've found
this problem often runs in families.

Since many of these children will stay with us for six or seven years,
and we encourage students to borrow during their weekly library visits,
total restriction from borrowing seems excessively harsh. On the other
hand, many of these students will never be able to replace what they
damage. Any advice?

TIA
Andrea Hynes
Graham Elementary School