I have a hit of sorts re my recent netscape problems, mainly getting a
lot of no DNS entry messages.  Thank you to the many people who wrote to
make suggestions, and I hope those of you who asked me to share the
answers will not mind if I use a hit rather than individual e-mail notes.

First, DNS stands for Domain Name Server.  The following suggestions were
offered as to why I was receiving so many of these messages:
.Connection to internet service provider is down
.phone line may be messed up
.call waiting might disrupt the line
.Internet Service Provider's  Domain Name Server may not be working properly
.too many people are trying to reach the same domain at the same time
.you may have to change the log-in script you are using to reach your
  internet provider (be sure to print your original log-in in case the new
  one is worse!)
.if you have a netscape lower than 2.1 this might be causing some problems.
  some web sites now only work sith 2.1 and higher.

Just to clarify:  I am presently using 2.0 and planning to upgrade.
However, I have not had the problem with an old version of mosaic spry
that I still have on the computer.  I changed to using that and had very
little trouble.  The problem is that Mosaic does not read all of the
new web sites.

Please continue this discussion if you have any other ideas.
Susan

Susan Burstein
Portland Middle School, Portland, CT
sburstei@csunet.ctstateu.edu