I received the following replies to my question on labeling CD-ROMs:

I know this sounds too simple, but for nearly four years I have simply
hand written barcodes and our school's initials on the label side of
the CD in permanent marker.  No problems yet!  Good Luck.

Demco or Brodart makes labels which fit around the inner ring. Labels can
be personalized with identifying information...i.e. name of school, etc.

Use a Sharpie Fine Point permanent marker and write on the label side.

We just write on the printed side of the CD with a permanent marker and
have had no problems.

We use a permanent fine point marker to write the school name and
assessionnumber on the front of the CD-ROM.  We usually do it in the
center clear portion.  If that area is black, we write near it.  My
understanding is that the data is read off the back, shiny side.

Thanks to all,

R.C.Lader
e-mail: lader@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu

LM_NET Archive Home