I'll add my voice to those supporting a  non-judgemental view of
Goosebumps and the ilk. Our approach is to casually point out that they
are pretty much 'formula-books' and sooner or later you'll want to move
on the other things.
AND WHEN YOU DO, here are some titles and authors you'll probably like.

We actually engage kids in conversation and try the gentle approach.

Even thoughI realize  I'm on my soapbox now, I'm really tired of people
making sweeping generalizations about books and people.

LM_NET Archive Home