To all LM_Netters (but especially those in California)

        Our district is about to construct a new middle school, so I am in
on the ground floor planning for the library.  Has anyone had any recent
experience dealing with architects, creating a new design, etc.?   From
personal experience, are there any do's and dont's that you are aware of
for school libraries?  Is anyone aware of mistakes that should never be
repeated or  good things that should always be incorporated?  I have done
some reading on standards for school libraries, but now need to think about
the nitty-gritty details.  So far, the plans I have been shown have not
been workable.  TIA for any help you can offer.

Sylvia Alderman, Librarian (alderman@leland.stanford.edu)
J.L. Stanford Middle School
480 East Meadow Drive
Palo Alto, CA 94306