WE are a small school district averaging about 550 students per school.
There are four schools which will soon be unified under one district.  The
high school is presently in a separate school district.

I am the district librarian for the three elementary school district.  None
of my library clerks work before or after the school year.  I am required to
do textbooks and work alone extra duty one week before and one week after
school is out.  I end up working about two weeks before and one week after.

My question is this:  What do other similar sized school districts do?  Are
there any districts out there who extend the library clerks work schedule to
include weeks before or after the school year?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

Shirley B. Russell, District Librarian
Orland Jt. Elementary School District
1320 Sixth Street
Orland, Ca.  95963