Dear Netters,

I just finished reading Terry Guenther's excellent post of the results of the
survey she did re: censorship.  Since my district is in the group which is
currently reviewing our policy, I wonder if you all could help?  I would like
to receive, either by snail mail or fax, copies of your Board-approved
materials selection policy, any separate policy dealing with challenge
procedures, and your form for Reconsideration of Materials.

We had all of these in place years ago, but when the revised Board Policy
book came out this year, I found that everything except a general policy on
materials selection was gone.  I don't know if it was just an oversight on
the Board's part, or if they felt policy dealing with challenges was
unnecessary.  I would like to educate the present Board with samples in hand
and have them replace these vital documents in their policy book.

TIA, friends!

Marian Mackey, Librarian                 Knowledge is of two kinds:
Perkiomen Valley High School          we know a subject ourselves, or
509 Gravel Pike                               we know where we can find

Graterford, PA  19426                      information upon it. - Samuel
Johnson
fax: 610-489-1921
email: mkmackey@aol.com

LM_NET Archive Home